Say What? [Deja Vu]

Being a strong supporter of George W. Bush (wow the last two post just alienated half my possible readers ... I'm on a roll) I have been bombarded by countless people telling me that he cant speak and anyone who sounds like him should not be allowed to lead our nation. I'm actually fairly certain that I received a book of "Bush-isms" one year from Santa. So it is nice to see every once an awhile someone else make a mistake ... and better yet, for someone to catch it. Now I have always been a believer that I am more concerned with what the President does rather than how it sounds in a press conference so I am not criticizing Obama for those mistakes. The first minute or so is just John Stewart being John Stewart but the second minute is what this post is about ... but take a minute, have a laugh.



Sounds to me like Mr. Obama isn't quite sure as to how that magic wand that he seems to have in his pocket actually works. Its a swish and flick motion Barack ... swish and flick.
[The Daily Show 4/17]

2 comments:

David Fritts

April 19, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Well I'll put this comment here since it's currently the post at the top. I just wanted to say that all of your recent posts are quite funny. Ehh, minus the Zimbabwe one...that's just sad, and yes, prayers desperately needed. But everything else was great. And as a mac user, I politely laugh at that post. But it's not true.... although, on second thought, you will never see me on a motorcycle, so maybe it does have some truth to it....maybe

Sharon

April 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM

I get your point. I do. I even appreciate it (to some extent). How you're not criticizing and all. And I could let you have that moment of joy, seeing politicians other than your beloved Bush have a mistake caught. But what would be the fun in that?!
Several things. Those Bushisms mostly came from prepared speeches. Obama is speaking in a debate. And he is generally an extremely eloquent speaker. I've never heard Bush described as such.
Also, I would like to address Santa giving you the book of Bushisms. Santa= St. Nicholas. St. Nicholas is a saint. Saints have a close connection to God. So if a saint gave you a book making fun of your beloved president, don't you think you should reconsider your unconditional love for this man?

A side note- I've actually been catching up on my Daily Show yesterday and today. And it just so happens that I'd watched that clip less than 3 minutes before reading your blog post.